Fao Netty And Anyone Else?

water worms are what im using now, with BBS after day 3 from hatching.

I've got water worm but it stinks lol Gonna have to refresh it tomorrow and hope it hasn't failed.

I have always done new hatched brine shrimp. Seems to work good for me. I have read that using bbs from the start weeds out the super tiny and unhealthy fry, leaving you with the best and healthest to raise.

I have also been trying some atison's betta starter, along with bbs....my fry realy like it.

my sister uses frozen bbs from the start..thaws it first then tips it in the tank, she has raised 2 spawns this way so far and even though so many people say they will only eat live food, her babys eat whatever falls in the tank lol.

I did try micro worms but found they smelt too much. where do you get baby brine shrimp, live or frozen?

We hatch our own bbs. You can make your own or you can buy hatcheries.....that way you should hopefully have a new batch ready every 24hrs. We're using vinegar eel for their first feed this time as they are smaller than MW.

I can pop some in the post for you if you like.....just pm me your address :good:

my last couple of times, i tried a trick which has worked well for lots of people on here. i have the female in the floating trap for a few day's feeding well. then i let here out for approx 30 mins, then i put her back in the trap. next day i let her out for another 30 mins, and then back in the trap. then next day i let her out again. she usually swims straight under the nest immediately, and it tends to all happen quite quickly thereafter.

Most reactions

Back