False Neons

Baffoon

Reaction score
yo, about a week ago i bought some false neon tertras from a very reliable lfs anyway i got them home in pretty much mint condition. introduced them into my tank with the lights off and when i turned them on they shot too the back of the tank and hid there. its now been almost a week and they stay there never come out in the front. there lovely fish but they seem extremely skittish :/

This is not really all that unusual, especially for a small tetra. Several factors could be causing them to do this. The more cover there is, the more likely they are to move around the tank. The bigger the school, the safer they will feel. How many in the school? What tankmates are in there? Perhaps they feel threatened, either by larger fish or by fast-moving fish. What lighting do you have and what types of plants/decor? Many tetras prefer low light and like shaded area of the tank. Overly bright lighting will cause them to hide in the shadows. And lastly, they may just need more time to settle in. A week isn't that long really.

thanx griz there are six of them i plan on getting more because there lovely fish also at the moment there only with 3 corydoras my theory was that maybe none was swimming in the front because there were no other fish doin it. also ur rite theres is hardly any plants at the front. -_-

Most reactions

Back