Fake Plants In Tank?

shi24137

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok so i was browsing around walmart and somehow wound up in the crafts section. i started looking at the fake plants and got to wondering if i could use them in my tank? if so i have a million ideas of how to plant the tank. what im wondering is if its safe to use those? not the flowers or things with glitter, just some ivy and another plant that looks like beach grass. any opinions and advice would be great! i hope i can use them bc i have some awesome ideas!

well i took the plants apart so there would be no metal or glue on them. anyone else know anything or have some craft plants in your tank???

well i took the plants apart so there would be no metal or glue on them. anyone else know anything or have some craft plants in your tank???

I'm not sure if aquarium plants are "special" to be honest. As long as there is no glue i cannot see a problem. Plastic plants are plastic plants wherever you come from.

You never know what sort of dies are used to create them I would stick to the safe side and get purpose made Aquarium plants

well id say you bit my head off! it was just a thought. havent put any in. my lfs is pretty small and doesnt have very much. i dont see what the harm is being its all plastic just like the fake aquarium plants. anyone else have an opion on the matter?

Well rightely or wrongly i have put plastic/silk plants near the top of my tank,mainly for fry to hide in,they're for reptiles really,so i think has long has they're not toxic to the fish they should be ok.

I did buy a plastic plant designed for a fish tank and the silk leaves were stuck on with glue??.

So i guess its a chance you take whether you use ordinary plastic or higher priced aquarium plants.

Sorry not much help really :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back