External Filter For Aqua One Tank

festo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi all
anyone familiar with the aqua one 850 and 980 fishtanks?
thinking of purchasing one of these tanks,they come with its filter in the hood.
my question is would i have a problem attatching an external filter if i saw the need
for extra filtration,and if not what would be a good filter to buy.
the 980 tank is 215 ltr,
thanks for reading and all comments appreciated.

Hi festo, I have the aquamode 600 with the same wet n dry filter system in hood, I have had it about 3 months now and it all works well, access is very easy, apart from an algae bloom which I am dealing with via a uv light, if I were you I would buy the system and see how it goes rather than waste money on something you will probably never need, I did a lot of reasearch on this type of filter as it was new to me as well, good bacteria can really florish in this type of system because of the size etc, if you think about it its virtually the same system used in sewage treatment works :good:

Hi festo, I have the aquamode 600 with the same wet n dry filter system in hood, I have had it about 3 months now and it all works well, access is very easy, apart from an algae bloom which I am dealing with via a uv light, if I were you I would buy the system and see how it goes rather than waste money on something you will probably never need, I did a lot of reasearch on this type of filter as it was new to me as well, good bacteria can really florish in this type of system because of the size etc, if you think about it its virtually the same system used in sewage treatment works :good:
thanks Basil for reply,i have read that the filters on aquaone tanks are very good,

thanks Basil for reply,i have read that the filters on aquaone tanks are very good,

Yes I did quite a lot of research, all good reports on it, apart from that there are no cables or ugly filter boxes, as everyhing is in the hood, it's also easy to do basic maintenace on,

At the moment I am doing battle with an algae bloom, as my nice new tank looks like pea soup
So I am hopeing a uv light will do the trick,

I just missed a bargain at P@H when they were offering an aqua 550 ufo for £100 last one in stock, didn't have my card on me (#41####)

Most reactions

Back