External Filter For A 90l Tank

i wouldnt nessersary say overkill but i would say its a little to big ...anythink 600-700lph would be sufficient and you would have plenty of movement in the tank, you wouldnt need to keep the internal in there :)

Sorry, what do you mean by too big?

They will all fit in the caibnate if thats what you mean lol

I mean it's a 1300ltr/h filter ...thats what i mean to big....very unessary turnover for a 90ltr tank hence why i said somethink like a 600-700lph filter would suffice

But doin't people say that only ehiem say the true turn over with media, for other you have to half it, which would leave the fluval 405 on th upper band for my tank???

I'm proberbaly wrong lol

Trust me m8 i have a fluval 305 on a 180 litre tank and that alone is enough for any of the fish to swim against and the water quality is perfect. if you want the 405 then buy the 405 thats your choice but personally i would advise against it lol but hey what do i know :p

at least if you have a bigger rated one when you get a bigger tank (and you will) you wont have to shell out on a new filter

Nice thinking batmat lol,

JenCliBee is there any way of turning the folw rate down on the 405???

I have just found it cheaper than the 205 and 305 so thought I would ask lol

anderw

at least if you have a bigger rated one when you get a bigger tank (and you will) you wont have to shell out on a new filter

Nice thinking batmat lol,

JenCliBee is there any way of turning the folw rate down on the 405???

I have just found it cheaper than the 205 and 305 so thought I would ask lol

anderw

Going by my 305 then no, it has no cut off taps.

hey!

In your final outcome, please could you PM the filter you would go for?

im really interested!

in my tank i have a 3 stage filter in the back, and my dad put a UGF in, so 2 power heads =/, its hard to keep it calm lol.

hey!

In your final outcome, please could you PM the filter you would go for?

im really interested!

in my tank i have a 3 stage filter in the back, and my dad put a UGF in, so 2 power heads =/, its hard to keep it calm lol.

thats no help lol. Im really confused atm, why cant they just make a cheap perfect filter with all the media :)

Does anyone know about the eheim ecco range, theres some of them rated up to 100L and cheap :)

andrew

Just had a thought.

Would i be able to split the output from a fluval 405 and send this down 2 hoses, one on each side of the tank.

and if so would this be useful or not?????

I would be putting an inline heater on it too to remove that from the tank

andrew

If you think a 405 will create too much current, buy or make a spray bar on it to go along the back of the tank, this will give you an excellent even flow that doesn't seem very strong, but wont lose turnover.

You can slow the flow rate down using the Aqua stop valve (I can do this on my 105 and 305), but it seems like a huge waste when you could just use a spray bar. I'm also not sure if it's a good idea to slow down the flow rate significantly on any external permanently.

You could also modify the intake to have a prefilter on it, this would allow you to breed shrimp and fish in the tank without the babies getting sucked into the filter, if you do it a certain way, it will reduce slow rate, but again, I'm not sure it's good for the filter. You can combine this mod with a spraybar to stop things getting sucked up without reducing glow rate.

Sorry to post on your topic it was instead of starting a topic on basically the same thing. I am after a external filter for my juwel 125. which would be best for me? and where should i look to buy one? ive just heard that it would keep my tank cleaner then keeping my standard internal filter that keeps the dirt inside the tank. would i need to keep the original powerhead if i got an external. thanks any advice would help

Sorry to post on your topic it was instead of starting a topic on basically the same thing. I am after a external filter for my juwel 125. which would be best for me? and where should i look to buy one? ive just heard that it would keep my tank cleaner then keeping my standard internal filter that keeps the dirt inside the tank. would i need to keep the original powerhead if i got an external. thanks any advice would help

Where would you advice to get the tetra tec 1200 form i found it on wharehouse aquatics for £82

Most reactions

Back