Exploding Mollies!

corbypete

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought 6 mollies about 5 weeks ago, 3 black, 3 white, 4 females in total

Anyway, the females are getting so big they look like they are about to explode... compared to the males they are twice the width

I've never kept mollies before, what can I do to let them let go of their babies and deflate??

I doubt they will explode. If they are pregnant, I'd wait for them to give birth, no matter how long it takes whereas if it's just generally fat, maybe you're overfeeding them.

I think females are, in general, bigger than males anyways.

:fish:

Just make sure they have as stressfree a life as possible, a few plants to hide in might help if those randy boys keep after them. And one day you'll wake up to a tankful of little ones.

nah, not overfeeding, the males look fine, just the 4 females look very bloaty/preggers
the males are chasing their underside a lot also

maybe i'll wait it out, ive just heard stories of species holding onto them for ages and ages until the conditions were right

nah, not overfeeding, the males look fine, just the 4 females look very bloaty/preggers
the males are chasing their underside a lot also

maybe i'll wait it out, ive just heard stories of species holding onto them for ages and ages until the conditions were right

Hi,

How many fry do you think they will have eventually, just as a guess?

Rich

if you've enough room you might wanna consider adding another female so they're not getting botheres so much by the males

i couldnt tell you how many fry, i have no experience of mollys and baby sizes

but if they come out a mm each probably 20+ each? that could be 80+ total!!

i couldnt tell you how many fry, i have no experience of mollys and baby sizes

but if they come out a mm each probably 20+ each? that could be 80+ total!!

and it will keep coming!
:nod:

Most reactions

Back