Excess Fish

Posted in other bit of forum and they are golden Chinese Algae Eater. Think I'll be getting rid of them pretty soon then.

Posted in other bit of forum and they are golden Chinese Algae Eater. Think I'll be getting rid of them pretty soon then.

My freind had one of these who suddenly decided to kill two angelfish over about a week. Up to that point he had been peacfull. He was about 4 inches then.

just get rid of what you like the least and get more of whatever you keep! :D

Its better to find out first what fish are most suited to your tank and stocking, rather than buy fish that look pretty and then find out later that they are highly unsuited to your tank.

Its better to find out first what fish are most suited to your tank and stocking, rather than buy fish that look pretty and then find out later that they are highly unsuited to your tank.

he said earlier that he bought the tank second hand and the fish came with it. he couldn't do anything about it, whether he researched or not.

he said earlier that he bought the tank second hand and the fish came with it. he couldn't do anything about it, whether he researched or not.

I know that, but ZeeZee is not the one who owns the tank, its Alexdallimore who owns it.
ZeeZee's advice is pretty poor, wether you have a problem tank with unsuitable fish or not, simply getting rid of random fish and then buying random fish to replace them is not going to sort out the current stocking problems it has.

Cheers for everyones idea's etc etc. I think I am going to get rid of the Golden Chinese algea eaters becuase they sound a nightmare when older, get rid of the clown loach as he is all by himself and would be better in a tank with other clowns and get rid of the Rosy barbs and tiger barbs.
My thought on this is that I can then think about having a more peaceful tank and also let the ones that need other of the same ie 2 x tiger barbs/ clown loach get a better life.

This will then allow me the space to perhaps look at giant danios/gouramis etc.

The tiger barbs will probably be the last to go as I'm not 100% sure that I wouldn't like a shoul of them yet but I will carry on thinking.

Like I read somewhere else. Keeping tropical fish isn't a times excersise, it's an ongoing thing.

even in the most peaceful community tank you are going to have out burst :) but as long as you keep your tigerbarbs in a reasonable shoal you'll be fine.

The hobby is also addictive, I've only been keeping fish for 18months-2years and I have 8 tanks, I've bred fish and I also know a lot about them now as well. its amazing how much you can learn in such a short space of time. It scares me sometimes that I know so much and only been in the hobby a short time.

I hope you enjoy it and I wish you all the success with your tank, soon to be tanks :D

I know that, but ZeeZee is not the one who owns the tank, its Alexdallimore who owns it.
ZeeZee's advice is pretty poor, wether you have a problem tank with unsuitable fish or not, simply getting rid of random fish and then buying random fish to replace them is not going to sort out the current stocking problems it has.

lol ye i get what you mean. :lol:

i think zeezee was trying to say: get rid of the fish that you feel will have problems in your tank (eg clown loaches) and get more fish that aren't going to be problematic.

....correct me if i'm wrong zeezee

Most reactions

Back