Everyone meet Sky. Sky..... everyone.

ANY betta bought from one of the box stores is considered a RESCUE, in my opinion
Congrats to him, and thanks for the rescue, he's a pretty fella....enjoy the vino, as I enjoy another :beer:

I think Sky is in a small amount of shock and confusion being in a new home. Anyone can correct me if I am mistaken, but most Bettas like Sky and Max bought through an LFS have spent their entire lives inside a small space. When they finally reach their forever home, it can be a bit of a shock to find themselves in so much space to swim around. I know Max was acting really calm and just hung around in a couple of places when I first released him in his 29-gallon tank. But in a week are so he became very active and swimming all over the place exploring every thing.
Yep, pretty much the same behavior. He has 2 or 3 favorite spots so far and he just hangs out there.... not much exploring yet. But I'm not worried. He's got lots of space and nice, clean water. I'm sure he'll be just fine once he figures out his new digs :)

Gorgeous! Congrats on your new betta! I'm sorry about the DOA one, what a sad package to get :(

Looks healthy to me, but I'm no betta expert. @EllRog , what do you think? Also, do you think this one might change colour if it's a juvenile?

I love the photo where he's facing the camera, cheeks puffed out! lol, so cute!
Theres always a chance that bettas can change colour as you don't know its genetics and so on.

I had a betta which has a white body and lovely blue tail. Not long before he died, he randomly brought out this strong Koi patterning along his body, this was later on in his life too.

I'm not sure, from the photos, about the condition on the ends of his fins. Does look a little ragged in places. Keep an eye on it and keep the waterchanges very frequent. He may have nipped himself while at the shop or something. Where I live, most shops toss the bettas in tanks of mollies,platties and tetra so they often have nips in their fins. Not sure if its the same for you..

He's a handsome fella :)

Most reactions

Back