Epsom Salt Cures

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi, I made a post a while ago about my Betta not doing so well. I've been keeping an eye on him even did some medication rounds with Tetra Fungus Guard for Dropsy. I have been also keeping an eye on the water quality running it through tests kits and everything is good so far. So the medication did not work and I am wanting to try another method to cure him (he's in the pine-cone state now).

I read adding Epsom Salt will help with the bloating and possibly curing his disease So I will be getting some at Walmart. Is there a particular one i need to search for there? Also what measurements are required for my 5 Gallon setup when I'm adding the salt. Thank you.

I've only ever used Epsom Salts to help with single eye Popeye, which is normally associated with an injury rather than disease, the salts help draw fluid out of the fish and give the tissue around the eye a chance to heal up.

I would not swear on it and I strongly suggest you get more input, but I think I gradually raised the Epsom Salt levels to 3g/l, increasing the strength by no more than 1g/l per day.

I am still not sure myself what to do atm.

is 1 tablespoon per-gallon a right way to measure the amount of Epsom Salt?

I had to put him down yesterday evening. he remained below breathing slowly and when i went to swoosh the water lightly, he just spun up like a feather. Tomorrow I will be goes to the lfs, and if they have nothing that interest me, i may just get another Betta.

Sorry to hear that. Once the fish get to the pinecone stage, it's usually terminal, if that's any consolation.
rip.gif

Most reactions

Back