Endler Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luzi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got my 4 endlers a week ago and noticed one of the females wasn't eating. I gave her a few days to recover, but every time she tries to eat something she spits it out. She's definitely interested in food and the rest of them are fine, but she now has stringy white poo. She's also thinner than the other female

Spitting out food, getting thin and white stringy poo are generally caused by internal parasites. Get a internal parasite medication. Look for ingredients such as metronidizole, lavamasole and praziquentil (the more ingredients the better as each med is targeted to treat different types of internal parasites). You really need a medicated food and a tank treatment to succesfully get rid of the parasites. Treat the whole tank-it wont harm the other fish to be wormed while youre at it.
All the best!
cheers

Stringy white poo often means constipation in your fish as well (to the person above). 

Stringy white poo also means internal parasites as well, as constipation doesn't happen a lot with other fish besides betta.

Listen to the guy above, he is right, since your fish is interested in food but thin, she has a parasite. As the guy said above, go get the right kind of med and treat the entire tank.

This thread is two and a half years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back