Empty Snail Shells

Last night I saw the clown plec doing some housekeeping and chucking a great big pond snail shell out of his hole, I think he be the culprit. This makes perfect sense as a lot of the shells I find are in that area. I have no idea how this didn't occur to me before!! Probably because I don't see very much of him. That's not to say that the kuhlis aren't eating them too.

I would like to point out that the picture Nick supplied of the "ramshorn" snail is actually a land snail
here is a Ramshorn, with MTS and Bladder Snails also in attendance

Another Ramshorn in front of the Smudge spot cory

And another one

Usually they just have dark shells and body, but I didn't seem to end up with any chance photos of the usual corlouration of them since mostly I am just trying to photograph the main tank inhabitants
The other pictures Nick supplied are all correct.

I have tried everything possible except drastic measures and can't get rid of the brown pond snails. They breed so fast,slime up everything (including my large mystery snails) & have over run one tank awhile ago. The slime eggs are the hardest. Assassin snails just don't help. I don't know why. Well established tanks and breeding going on well except these pests are terrible. Crazy as this sounds in my small tank I've gone through 12 assassin snails die and they didn't even put a dent in brown snail population. I just can't beat these. The actual snails don't bother me it's the slime eggs they leave everywhere that's the problem and cleaning the sides of tank everyday doesn't help. They leave the mess everywhere. Why are the assassin snails unable to help and die within a few weeks and every snail does fine. I have Nitrate, Mystery of all colors, trumpet and they are almost 1-2 years old. Yet I can't get assassin snails to live. Do they need different parameters of water then everything else?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OOOPs I just saw that, Wrong snail.

Most reactions

Back