Emergency! Plz Help!

englishbettas

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my betta was fine this morning but now he is lying on his side at the bottom of the tank almost white with what looks like a mist surrounding him. he has a few spots on his tail and i dont know the water stats which is why i couldnt put it in the emergency section! please help i think he is going to die as he is panting!
i have turned the heater up a notch and put some salt and fungus treatment in!!

can you take him out the tank and put him in his own, with clean water? keep the water low, so he can get to the surface ok

sounds like columnaris with how fast it seemingly came on. clean clean water. lower the level so he can breathe. some aquarium salt would be beneficial if you have some (1teaspoon/gal). lower temp to around 74-76 degrees F (bacteria do better in warmer environments). if you have aquarium salt try dips (1 tablespoon/gal for up to 30 min 2X a day in a container outside the tank he lives in-do waterchange while hes in there. keep the tank water salt free if you go that route.).
cloumnaris is difficult to treat even with really good antibiotics. in case you suspect fungus, pimafix is great (and betta safe-although true fish fungi are not too common).
all the best
cheers

he has died but his legacy will live on as he has a lot of babies!!! i will miss him!!!

Most reactions

Back