Emergency Cory In Trouble Please Help

endlers rule

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help? one of my peppered cory`s all of a sudden very ill ! 

tank is 60 litres - running for 10 months and fully cycled for 7

4 peppered corries and 6 danios

ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
ph 8
nitrate - between 5 and 10

she`s one of my fish which went all the way through the cycle and came out of the gloom and doom unscathed ! she`s even spawned 3 times ( gobbled em all up ) I do all the right things ! do you think her little body has just had enough ? she`s just laid on her side on the bottom and the other cory`s go and nudge her and she moves and breathes better and then back on her side?! she`s not eating and has been like this for 3 days! 

Has there been spawning activity recently?
She may be eggbound. If so, afraid euthinasia is in order.
Had an albino do the same a few months ago.

aww no there has`nt ! never thought of that ! isnt there anything to be done? as soon as I saw her struggling i did a 20 litre  water change ( at first I thought it may be swim bladder ) but i I give them a couple of shelled peas a week and change 10 litres of water.
today I have changed 30 litres with slightly cooler water ( thinking it may cure her or kill her ) but maybe when i think about it now you say, the cooler water may spur the spawning on. I think I know it may be too late........

Not for certain that is the cause.
But if it is, nothing can be done.
Hope that's not it though. As to spuring spawns, depends on the fish. Mine prefer when a cold front moves through. Guess it's the drop in barometric pressure.

Most reactions

Back