Elly's Vision 180

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elly

Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pictures of my Juwel Vision 180. I got it a few weeks ago second hand for only £80 (though it needed a new light unit), and it's now nicely stocked - I've been running a Fluval filter from an established tank in there as well as the Juwel filter unit to save cycling the tank.

Here's a picture of when it was newly set up and planted:

image0033pe6.jpg

Mostly live plants - java fern, amazon sword, hygrophilia polysperma, crypt wendtii and some "foreground plants" that I ordered from Java - not sure what they are but they look good! There are a couple of plastic ones in there too just to fill it up a bit more. Substrate is fairly fine gravel, I thought sand would be too high-maintenance.

The white ornament came with the tank but I think it actually looks quite nice surrounded by the plants. The clowns have made it their home, they love wriggling in and out of it.
I'm planning on adding some bogwood (when I can finally stop the colour coming out) and also some rock later on.

Stocking is as follows:

3 clown loaches, the largest is 4 inches, the other 3 and I bought a new one today which is tiny! (And yes, I know I'll need an upgrade at some point but I acquired the clowns on bad advice from the LFS about them growing to fit the tank and haven't been able to part with them...so instead upgraded from a 2-footer to this)
2 bolivian rams
2 bronze corydoras (getting more)
2 ottos
1 african butterfly cichlid
5 blue-eyed rainbowfish (also called Gertrude's Rainbowfish)
2 platys
1 male guppy

I'll be adding some more fish once these have settled down. Hopefully some sort of shoaling fish, I had neons but they came from an infected LFS tank and all died unfortunately.

Here's the tank as of today, rearranged (with the african butterfly making a rare appearance)

otto3.jpg

Clown house:

otto4.jpg

Here's the tank as it looks in my room:

guptet2.jpg

Now for some fish pictures! (the fun part!)

Here are my bolivian rams - I fear I may have two males as they fight a bit:

otto5.jpg

ram4.jpg

Aeneas the resident bronze cory and his new little friend which I bought today - only just made me realize how fat my cory was!

otto2.jpg

And today I also discovered the magical algea-eating power that is ottos. They've been in a few hours and have already cleared one of my crypts of brown algae.

otto1.jpg

Clowns are proving very tricky to photograph so here's a photo of them in my old 2-footer with my bala shark (which was then taken back to the LFS after realizing that no, they don't "grow to the tank")

clownssharks.jpg

And some fuzzy tank pictures where you can see the clownies out and about (this was before the tank rearrange though, so it looks a bit ugly)

image0037py3.jpg

image0038it3.jpg

That's it for now, I spend rather too much time trying to photograph the fish so there'll probably be more coming up.

Any comments would be appreciated, as would suggestions for other fish/plants/decor etc!

gorgeous tank, well done :good: your big cory looks full of eggs, :hyper:

The white edged plant if non-aquatic I think and will rot.

Nice overall.

The white edged plant if non-aquatic I think and will rot.

Nice overall.

I was wondering about that, it looked a bit like a spider plant to me. But actually it seems to be doing OK. I guess I'll see how it goes.

gorgeous tank, well done :good: your big cory looks full of eggs, :hyper:

I'd like to hope so but he/she's been like that for months now! I did have two but the other's stomach became really swollen and it died, I fear it was dropsy or something. I think it's probably been too long for my fat cory to have any eggs :( Shame though, that would have been exciting!

Really lovely tank and plants. Super photo's as well. A very nice setup. :good:

Most reactions

Back