Elephant nose fish

jbatt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

In my earlier post, I explained that my tetra's have a bad dose of white spot.

Now my elephant nose fish has a problem too. It looks like he has lost the top layer of his skin on both sides.

I am not worried about the tetra's, but this fish is my main tank attraction. Everyone loves him.

I have put him in the breading net to keep the other fish away. I put some blood worm in there for him

I did a 50% water change this lunch time.

Any advise please?. :crazy:

Thanks

James

I dont know much about elephant nose fish but arent they not meant to be in a tank with medications, im sure I read somewhere that medications (or some) can harm this fish.

Maybe someone else can jump in here and help before you add any meds to the tank.

Good luck

T

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I think it must be the med's.

I will take it out and run it to my parents house. 30mile trip

Thanks

James

The fish was dead when I got home.

The white spot med looked liked it might have burned the fish's skin.

sorry to hear that man.

I thought someone else might of jumped in to help but was sure like I said that Meds are not good with Elephant Nose fish.

Sorry for your loss

T

I used to have one if these and yes they are a scaless fish, any meds will burn them/kill them, keep up the water changes and take him out of the tank next time you get white spot.

I have an elephant fish and CFC warned me about using meds in the tank,sorry your fish died -_-

No worries.

I am going to have to get a small tank just incase I have this issue again. That way I can put the elephant fish in that.

I take it the elephant fish does not catch whitespot?

James

Most reactions

Back