elephant fish and female guppie sick i think

kimstropicalfish

Reaction score
hi my elephant fish is acting weird it was happy yesterday and today I see a bit on its side like its shedding and its swimming mid tank and top tank and looking at me like itvwanted help I cant find **** online on one can help also my female guppy has got really hunchback and looks like her belly is gonna pop she has always looked like this but nit as big

Attachments

• 16160202324133482558089654295899.jpg
    16160202324133482558089654295899.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 45
The guppy is most likely pregnant. I don't know anything about elephant fish though

Check out this similar post with answers

Got a picture of the elephant fish?
Make sure it's clear and in focus.

--------------------
If your fish ever look odd, do the following.

Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Post the results in numbers here.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in. It also removes a lot of the gunk and this means any medication can work on treating the fish instead of being wasted killing the pathogens in the gunk.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration to maximise the dissolved oxygen in the water.

--------------------
Your guppy either has a genetic deformity caused by inbreeding and that is causing the bent back.

It can be caused by the fish being gravid (pregnant) and being kept in soft water.

It can be an caused by an internal growth that is putting pressure on the spine.

Most likely the first 2 issues (inbreeding and gravid).

Hi, I'm sorry for your loss. We need more info to be able to help, please copy/paste the template below and fill out the answers, the more you can tell us, the better, since we can't see the fish or tank ourselves, we have to rely on what you tell us to try to puzzle out what's wrong :)

Tank size:
tank age:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

Most reactions

Back