Electrical Equipment

evecooper

Reaction score
Hi All

I dont know if anyone can help me.

Many years ago when i had tropical fish i had a control box. What you did with this was take all your plugs off and screw them in the back of this unit and then on the front had indivial dials for each part eg: filter, light, pump etc

This was so it only then took up one plug socket and was wasy controlled rather than unplugging all the indivial sockets

Does anyone know if you can get them anymore

I sadly through my old one away and am desperate for one again

Many Thanks
Eve

Sounds like what you're looking for is just a basic power bar. Plug the power bar in, then plug your heater, pump, light ect into it. When you want to turn them all off, simply unplug the power bar.

Sounds like what you're looking for is just a basic power bar. Plug the power bar in, then plug your heater, pump, light ect into it. When you want to turn them all off, simply unplug the power bar.

Yeah thats the one, any clue as to where i can get these from, i am in the uk

Thanks for your responces

Yeah the Algeguard one is kind of what this was. I know it wasnt expensive and was a big box with dials on the front. Think the algeguard will do it, i have ordered one will see what its like.

Many Thanks

Eve

Yeah the Algeguard one is kind of what this was. I know it wasnt expensive and was a big box with dials on the front. Think the algeguard will do it, i have ordered one will see what its like.

Many Thanks

Eve

I could do with one of these which has a timer for the lights included. Is that possible please?

I could do with one of these which has a timer for the lights included. Is that possible please?

I think controller units that do this are available, but the prices are a bit steeper. Your best bet is to buy a timer socket (I bought one from Tescos for about £3) and plug your lights into that.

Not quite as elegant and tidy as the controller, but a heck of a lot cheaper. You pay your money, you take your choice...

Many Thanks

Eve

This may be what you are looking for if it's a timer you want Aquarium Timer

I just ordered one and waiting for delivery. They look to be good value.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back