Electric Blue Crayfish! (Procambarus Clarkii)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sickbound

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently bought an electric blue crayfish. If I have identified the species correctly, it is a Procambarus clarkii. It's currently very small and in a 10 gallon tank. I am buying a 40 gallon breeder within a couple weeks and transferring it to there, where it will spend the rest of its days. 

I am wondering...Has anyone kept a P. clarkii? If so, are there any tank mates which will be able to coexist with it? I've read African butterfly fish or hatchetfish would most likely work, as they stay near the top of the tank, but are there any others?

I'll get some pictures of it up tomorrow.

I think as I always say. Claws and fish normally never work out.

I suppose I figured. Do you think more than one P. clarkii could coexist in a 40 gallon tank (150L)?

I think you should be able to put another P. Clarkii in a 40 gallon tank with lost of hiding places. I only have one it is an orange one and my son named it Lobzilla. It is in a 25 gallon tank with 3 feeder fish, 2 guppies and a platy,from the petshop. We though he would eat them but it has been a month and now we have 6 fish as one was pregnant and had 3 fry survive. I have live floating plants in the tank which Lobzilla use to destroy but since the fish are there he leaves them alone. Lobzilla is about 4 inches long but seems unsure about the little fish who are no more then an inch long. He climbs on the wood and just watches them.

hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours:)

Most reactions

Back