Ehudd's Nano Journal

Tub-3.jpg
:wub:

so i was looking around in my shed.... and there it was, my 2ft cube that i never set up....

somebody stop me.

Don't think about it, just do it, you know you want to :drool: :hey:

lol....

Deal.
Okay now got some questions.

This tank was REALLY poorly made, i would like to take it apart and redo it myself with black silicone.

Also need some holes in it as this will be my very first tank with a sump on it :D

Will 6t5's be good enough? or should i upgrade to halides.

I have a tunze nano skimmer 9002. which just meets requirement, should i use it? (mind you, i am not very pleased with this product!)

Lighting choice is really down to what you want to keep. If it's an off the shelf unit your going for, I'd go halides if you want SPS, or stick to T5's if you want LPS and Softies :good: Actually, if you stick to T5's I'd reduce the number of tubes to 4, past that and halides are more cost effective... ;)

Yeah past 4 T5's you are better off with MH. That being said im using 6 T5's on my tank and the nice thing about it is the different combinations of tubes you can have to give you different light throughout the day.

I'm only really using T5's though because I had two arcadia luminaires spare from when I had planted FW tanks. If I had the money I would definitely replace them with MH units.

it really comes down to personal preference, i like the t5 look, i like the different colour combinations you can have. Im getting 12 :D

12 lamps needing replacement at £30 a tube every 6 months, makes £720 in running costs before adding electricity costs. Now, a MH lamp will last about 2 years and costs £20 pounds (delivered) to replace, with to top price brands charging about £60-80 a lamp...

All the best
Rabbut

12 lamps needing replacement at £30 a tube every 6 months, makes £720 in running costs before adding electricity costs. Now, a MH lamp will last about 2 years and costs £20 pounds (delivered) to replace, with to top price brands charging about £60-80 a lamp...

All the best
Rabbut

if money was the issue i would never have started this hobby

Most reactions

Back