Eheim Professional 3 Range

DiabloSandwich

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking at buying an Eheim Professional 3 external filter,so did a bit of searching on this forum and others regarding reliability and performance etc.
I read a few threads saying that some people had some leak problems with 2010 models?,and that the dodgy parts had been re-engineered/replaced by Eheim to sort this out.
Does anyone know if they recalled all of the filters to fix this leaking problem,or do I have to buy one and hope its a 2011 model that's been sorted out in the manufacturing?

I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem tbh,as you can find leaking filter gripes with all makes if you look hard enough,Tetratec,Fluval etc.

Thanks for any info/advice you can give.

John.

p.s it was the 2180 thermo filter I was looking at buying.

Hi,
I am looking at buying an Eheim Professional 3 external filter,so did a bit of searching on this forum and others regarding reliability and performance etc.
I read a few threads saying that some people had some leak problems with 2010 models?,and that the dodgy parts had been re-engineered/replaced by Eheim to sort this out.
Does anyone know if they recalled all of the filters to fix this leaking problem,or do I have to buy one and hope its a 2011 model that's been sorted out in the manufacturing?

I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem tbh,as you can find leaking filter gripes with all makes if you look hard enough,Tetratec,Fluval etc.

Thanks for any info/advice you can give.

John.

p.s it was the 2180 thermo filter I was looking at buying.

honestly i'd stick to PRO or PRO2, even a 2080. but these new PRO3's?????????????????? no not for several years yet. it took the PRO3 2080 several years before they got it reliable (though that was more the electronics)

Hmm,its a shame really,I like the neatness of having the heater inside the filter.
Will have to look at the Tetratec ex1200 with a Hydor ETH300 heater I think.

Hmm,its a shame really,I like the neatness of having the heater inside the filter.
Will have to look at the Tetratec ex1200 with a Hydor ETH300 heater I think.

to be fair, all heated Eheims are very prone to problems. thats not to say many do not work very well. but like the "wet and dry" filters, nobody raves about them and most avoid them.

ultimately the separate option is, i think, batter. have you seen how much a heater cost to replace in an Eheim? plus, if it does pop, you dont need to dismantle the filter to fix it. and believe, heaters do go wrong. and far more often than they should too.

Most reactions

Back