Eheim Pro3 2180 Will Not Prime!

anniekins

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope somebody may be able to give me some advice as to why my Eheim filter will not prime after changing the filter pad tonight. After pressing the suction aid so many times it just will not automatically fill with water as it should. I have repeated the procedure about six times tonight each time with the prefilter empty. I do get some air bubbles rising from pne of the suction pipes but it's just is not kicking into filling up, the filter is about six months old only. Any suggestions as to what I can try next please? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :/

Do a manual prime, suck on the outlet to begin a syphon, allow the filter to fill and allow water to begin exiting the outlet pipe, then place the outlet in the tank and turn on.

Or fill the filter to the seal with tank water suck then switch on

Sorry for the error above, but thanks soooooooo much for your help as the problem has been sorted and filter now working well! :good:

No worries i only learnt how to do that after hours of messing with my 2213 in the past and i have just had to do it again

never fails

Most reactions

Back