Eheim Or Rena

jama12uk

Reaction score
I have a juwel vision 180 l tank i want a powerful filter so that i can upgrade my tank later. I am looking at the eheim 2028 and xp3 Rena filter. Which is the better???

Price is not a problem.

Any other suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

In my opinion - Eheim without a doubt :thumbs:

Eheim 2028.I can't even hear it, and it moves some water. 10/10 so far in my book

Go with the Eheim, cos the Rena has an awful filling cap on the pipes that will stick up above your tank. The Eheim will have over tank bends that should clear the rim of the Juwel tank, but you may find that the hoses push the lid up a little.

sub.

I have a Rena +2 and rate is very highly. I know what you mean about the pipes sticking out but that isn't really an issue if you have the space. Excellent quality, couldn't want any more extras (spraybar, joints) and very quiet.

I can't compare to Ehiem as I've never used them but when Rena is compared to Fluval there is no comparison.

I can't compare to Ehiem as I've never used them but when Rena is compared to Fluval there is no comparison.

Too damn right you are! Just waiting for my XP3 to turn up to replace my Fluval 304. I had a Rena XP1, and I am missing its ease of use. Just how cool is the Rena self prime feature! I has never failed on me. Can't say better than that can I?

sub.

Most reactions

Back