Eheim 3e 2078 External Filter

BlueRam

Reaction score
Does anyone have this filter and if so, how have they found them? Are they are quiet as all the other Eheim external filters?

19 db at 1 metre I have to have my ear next to it to hear it wirring.

They are for smaller tank vurses the 3 non chiped ones. I presume because to actully get the 3e to run at 1850 lp/h it turns the microchip off. The Microchip max ability to handle flow is cut off above 700 lp/h. Preumably this is because it increases the flow above 700 lp/h as the canister get's dirtier and more blocked giving the 3e the ability to maintain about 700 lp/h max for 6 months before the chip starts flashing lights at you to ask you to clean/change media.

Bloody good filter and easy to clean. as about 2 litres of fome and 8 litres of media trays. So impressed I think i'll stick with the brand.

Many thanks for the info. much apprecaited. Would you say the standard Eheim 3 is quieter than the 3e or is there nothing in it? I am looking for a really quiet external, the quietess there is on the market!

I used to have to touch my ( standard type ) pro III to check if it was on.

Only time it got noisy was while it cleared an air lock or air bubbles from the medium. However, the pump sorts that out pretty quick.

Was certainly a lot quieter than the FX5 I'm using now.

Steve

Many thanks for the info. much apprecaited. Would you say the standard Eheim 3 is quieter than the 3e or is there nothing in it? I am looking for a really quiet external, the quietess there is on the market!

Should be about the same at max outputs, the 3e going to be quieter if you're going to run it at the 700 lp/h or below when the cpu is operational and maintaining constant flow, self diagonstics air bleedng ect.

Also the 3 has wheels which you can roll it around with where as the 3e sits on rubber pads. 3e has tha ability to set diffrent flow rates for every 12 hrs so you can set a day cycle and a night cycle. It's gimiccly but you can also have the 3e pulse it's output so it apparentlly replicates "natural uneven water flow."

Personally I went for the 3e becase my tank is 400 litres if i was at 1000 litres I would have gone for the e 2080. Also just becasue the 3 lacks the cpu/microchips there is probably less to go wrong, but it has no self diagnostics ability.

Most reactions

Back