Eheim 2224 Vs Fluval U3

UKSPEED

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I'm currently running a U3 internal in my 120L. When working properly (I've had a lot of noise issues with it) it runs almost silently. I'm thinking about upgrading to an external and I've heard good things about the Eheim 2224. Can anyone tell me how quiet this is, considering it will be in a bedroom, and possibly in comparison to the Fluval U series?

I have the 2026 and it is almost dead silent. In fact, it is over a foot away from my bed.

i notice my fluval is noisey aswell. i'd hate to get a new filter as fluval seem to have lots of sponges and that cage part with rings in. that gives lots of room for bacteria to grow. i found when i had old interpet pf3 the sponges were smaller so this is where i like u3 better as it as 6 extra long sponges for extra more bacteria to grow. i never tried ehiem yet but i heard the filter aqua ball is like a mini external in way but it is an advanced internal filter. might be worth getting one day.

My main tank is filtered by a pair of Eheim 2324s (essentially a 2224 with a built in heater), they're almost totally silent in operation.

My main tank is filtered by a pair of Eheim 2324s (essentially a 2224 with a built in heater), they're almost totally silent in operation.

Great - I've decided to go for it so hopefully i'll be a lot happier with this one!

I've got one on my Rekord96 and its so powerful I've had to turn down the output! Silent as you like too.

Most reactions

Back