Eheim 2215

daffer

Reaction score
Hi I have a eheim 2215 with coarse blue filter pads and want to replace some of the pads with substrate but to avoid killing of bacteria how much should I replace should I do it in stages? and what is the best substrate to use.

change one sponge a week
and go for eheim substrate pro, it is far more efficient than the old style substrate

mmm this is strange i just done this sort of thing for a freind who is setting up his old 4ft tank

he had 2 x 2213 and said he thought it was best to put carbon in it but i told him things have changed since the last time he had a tank and he needs efimech and substrate pro he also wanted to buy new hoses and pipe work

buy the time we added up the price of what he need he was beter off buying a new pro2 at the extra cost of £45

the eheim classics were good in their day but to tell the truth they are a pain to get closed and primed if i had one i would upgrade asap and run the 2 filters at the same time for 3 weeks then remove the 2215 and put it on ebay

change one sponge a week
and go for eheim substrate pro, it is far more efficient than the old style substrate
Thanks for the info :good: is the ehfi substrate more efficient than the sponges as i have been given a large box

substrate has a greater surface area than a spong of the same volume, therfor it is better.
substrate pro has an even great surface are than substrate.

Most reactions

Back