Eheim 2213 Classic

It's a juwel rio 400 ( 5ft L) and I think you can run air bubble stone it acts as a tempory filter and only having a couple fish prob helped a lot better and you'll be suprised what fish will eat. My mollies always peck at some of the aglea in my tank when it's in there.
And no all the plants in my tank are plastic I've got another 30 on order So I can create more hiding places , the only real decor in there apart from rocks is a moss ball that all my fish have kindly pulled apart.

I'm pulling it apart again today as I've got hold of more slate rocks and I've had them soaking in boiling water for last few days so made sure all clean and no gases trapped.

Hi Bas,
I thought those plants looked as little too green and neat to be real, that's a shame because plants do a lot of good in the aquarium system, like using up all that fish waste, giving out oxygen! I'm a bit of a frustrated scientist, which is perhaps why I also mess with electronics, have 300+ Cacti/succs plants and like country walking, etc, etc.

I was thinking of positioning my spray-bar along the short end of the tank, might give it a try later? I usually get my plants from Java-plants or Plans-alive but think today I might take a look locally, might even come back with a couple of new fish?? I've had Krib's before easy breaders, or will it be a male platy to go with my 2 females? a nice pair of swords? Not too keen on Mollies but a nice pair of sailfins would be good.

Just found a picture of Old tank set-up, along the bottom-front are lots of small Krib's... it looked better then!!

Regards
Mel.

Attachments

• OldTankSetUp.jpg
    OldTankSetUp.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 82
I've thought many times to add live plants into my setup but I like keeping things simple ( army trait in me) .

I've seen so many beautiful live planted tanks that it keeps swaying me to do it.

I had at one point a co2 setup for it but got rid of it as I wasn't using it and wanted to keep my setup simple.

I'm defo looking onto it as I know it would help in my setup so I'm not ruling it out but just not now as I'm in the middle of deciding whether to change my stock over but for some reason I'm attached to mollies

Hi Bas,
How are things? Well the Eheim now seems very noisy, tried a good clean, and lots of shaking, just in case it's trapped air, but don't seem to be, it sounds like the impeller is catching but this looks? fine. Perhaps it will settle down in time, but it's a bit noisy for the living room....

Any help or advise welcome! I am also thinking of a new tank for Christmas like a Juwel 180/240 or even a 400? A tank with something a bit different in it!!

Hi All,
And thanks for your help!! This morning I decided to try and solve the problem, the noise was really getting to me, especially as I have to sit next to it at night.. Checked all hoses and taps for blockage but found nothing, all was OK inside too. So I just put it all back together, then I had the job of giving it a good old suck on the inlet hose, got a mouthful of tank water, but it did the trick!! It's now not only a lot quiter but moving more water. I did a little test first thing this morning and measured how much water it output in one minute, it's was 2.5L so 60*2.5= 150L a lot less then it should be, but it is now about 40-45 Litres better.

Most reactions

Back