Eheim 2080

Help78787

Reaction score
On my other eheim there is an input and an output hose, but on the eheim 2080 these is also a middle hose. What do I do with the middle hose? Do I run it into the tank?

That is what I needed to know. The instruction manual is not clear on that. It is running, although it only uses one of the inputs. I had two going at the same time, but you need to run the unit at full speed or else it will stop flowing, so now I have one input working and the unit turned on full and it runs continuous (although I need more time to find out for sure). It all makes sense now anyway. I have it set up on a smaller tank (120 gallon) rather than the 300 that it was rated for, yet it is fine in the 120 gallon with the tank filled up. I have the 2078 on another tank (120 gallon) but the 2078 gets clogged up, so I went to the 2080, although a 2079 if there was such a thing would have been perfect, but anyway no matter. I'm considering actually adding on a UV sterilizer to the end, so that might be the big show there, for I am kind brother, yes, I am kind.

After a quick goggle it seems the 2080 has two outputs.

as i stated, and is, clearly, shown in the instructions (and on the unit, itself). there are two inlets and one outlet (or as eheim put it, two inlets and one Pressure side)

Attachments

• 2080-flow-direction.jpg
    2080-flow-direction.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 57
That is the diagram that I wanted to find in the instruction manual (a huge book written in many different langauges) but that diagram is not there in the booklet that came with the filter. Well the filter is working but like I said, I only have one inflow functioning unless I mess around and get both going. It isn't necessary however, the one input is plenty. Other models have just one input and one output. Anyway, those models do work well but I'm hoping for more out of this bigger model, the 2080. Well, good and thanks. I wanted to stay with eheim because the 2078 has been running here for a couple of years and is still working. If I can get a couple years out of the 2080 than I'm satisfied.

I now have both inputs running. I had to shorten one of them but I added that piece onto the output end.

Google did not help. I tried google first but as soon as the wording: two outputs was seen, it made sense. I wasn't sure because there are some setups that use an overflow and maybe one of the hoses would go into an overflow tank sitting below the aquarium. Anyway that was not the case, and enough said.

I now have both inputs running. I had to shorten one of them but I added that piece onto the output end.

Google did not help. I tried google first but as soon as the wording: two outputs was seen, it made sense. I wasn't sure because there are some setups that use an overflow and maybe one of the hoses would go into an overflow tank sitting below the aquarium. Anyway that was not the case, and enough said.

if you are looking for info on Eheim. simply type in "eheim" to the search engine (i've found putting Ehiem 2080, never brings up the eheim site). this will take you to their site. there you will find all the instructions you need for their products. but, i have found, when looking at technical specifications, sellers often give more information. mind you, the box is a great place for that. lol.

unless you have the wrong instructions, that picture is in your manual, its on page 4.

Google is fallible then

hummmmm, but that's where i got the information, well first time i needed it.

In my opinion, eheim is one of those web efforts that can be a little on the complicated side of things but ultimately I don't care, as I'd rather they continue to concentrate on having great engineers, lol.

It's one of those that only responds to "www.eheim.com", not just "eheim.com" and then you have to get shifted to an internationally subsetted site, like north america. Once in your country/language you usually want to look in the "downloads" section to find the PDF files of the manuals. There are very nice full length manuals and parts pictures and information.

Until recently, at least in North America you could interact with a distributor via email and get parts directly but I don't see the separate little parts sub-website for that anymore and I see statements about using your dealer. I hope this doesn't make it harder to get detailed parts!

~~waterdrop~~

In my opinion, eheim is one of those web efforts that can be a little on the complicated side of things but ultimately I don't care, as I'd rather they continue to concentrate on having great engineers, lol.

It's one of those that only responds to "www.eheim.com", not just "eheim.com" and then you have to get shifted to an internationally subsetted site, like north america. Once in your country/language you usually want to look in the "downloads" section to find the PDF files of the manuals. There are very nice full length manuals and parts pictures and information.

Until recently, at least in North America you could interact with a distributor via email and get parts directly but I don't see the separate little parts sub-website for that anymore and I see statements about using your dealer. I hope this doesn't make it harder to get detailed parts!

~~waterdrop~~

I find Eheim, extremely helpful via email. Ebay, though i hate to say it, is the best place for parts. but, from my experience, an email to eheim, ends in a helpful and informative reply.

though i put eheim into a goggle search. the first, REAL, listing is Eheim.

Attachments

• eheim-search.jpg
    eheim-search.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 68

Most reactions

Back