Eggs :) Hatched Collected 8 But What To Feed?

kpintheshed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
my abino corys laid some eggs last week but none of them hatched. yesterday they laid some more eggs on the tank side, but this time theres more the eggs are white. properly around 20 eggs

doe this men they aren't fertile?

Mine (C. napoensis) are white when she sticks em on the glass/filter/heater/plant leaves but if they're fertile they turn a sandy brown within a day.

I have no direct experience with albinos (I presume yours are C. aenus) but I think they'll darken if fertile.

Did you see them breeding or were the eggs 'just there' in the morning?

Either way, I wish you luck.

Cheers.

thanks guys mine actually hatched today i saw them swimming i manged to capture about 8, i traped about 15 in a breeder but they were small enough to escape so i placed a cloth other the gaps so they can't escape to the main tank. there heads are still yellow they look like huge sperm.

unfortunately some got eaten my main question is now,

how long till i feed them?
if so what do i feed them?
how long until i can release them?

Congratulations!

For feeding suggestions see some of the more recent posts.

You can start feeding them after they've absorbed their egg sacs, 2 - 4 days.

I wait until mine are 1 inch long before I move them to a tank with 'other' fish.

Cheers.

You're lucky; I've just had my third lot of eggs vanish into thin air from the breeding net. Actually, the second lot did hatch, but the fry disappeared. Not happy.

it's been about 3 days now and the cory seem to become black near the stomach. they have small fins and developed their whiskars things.

Most reactions

Back