Easy To Keep, Personal Pet?

I have one word for ya
tamagochi :good:

:lol:

Gerbils- Wonderful pets. I've had them most of my life. They can be a little loud if keeping them in your bedroom (they love to dig and chew). They can be very tame, and easy to handle. They are also very easy to take care of. And as said, a pair can easily be kept in a ten gallon tank.

a little loud? :lol: Mine kept me awake many nights with their noise. The digging, the chewing, the jumping up trying (and often managing) to get out, and the noisy wheel I had at the time *shudders*. Mine were in a plastic rodent cage which I really would not get a second time. As often as I had to patch that thing up because they had chewed their way right through it, glass fish tanks are definatly the way to go.
About them being social, that's what I read (mind you, I was like 7 at the time). We got 2 youngsters from the same pet shop and all went well for months. Then after about 7 months I woke up to find blood in their cage and Mimmi (Blame my brother for that name :p) with 3 legs instead of 4. I took her to the vet, who claimed there was nothing she could do and that she'd probably die. Her reasoning as to what happened was that the girls got in a fight and that her leg got bitten off. Now, being 7 I took her word that that was true. Being quite some years older now, I wonder if that is indeed what happened or if maybe she got her leg ripped off by the wheel (yes, it was a horrible metal one with gaps) :S If my vet was right though, things can go wrong. Mimmi lived happily for another 2 and a half years or so.

Gerbils and mice are nocturnal are they not and not nearly as sociable with their owner (bit pongy as well)

Gerbils are diurnal, but they can be active at night just like people are at times. (And cats are nocturnal, but up during the day, as well.)

Gerbils- Wonderful pets. I've had them most of my life. They can be a little loud if keeping them in your bedroom (they love to dig and chew). They can be very tame, and easy to handle. They are also very easy to take care of. And as said, a pair can easily be kept in a ten gallon tank.

a little loud? :lol: Mine kept me awake many nights with their noise. The digging, the chewing, the jumping up trying (and often managing) to get out, and the noisy wheel I had at the time *shudders*. Mine were in a plastic rodent cage which I really would not get a second time. As often as I had to patch that thing up because they had chewed their way right through it, glass fish tanks are definatly the way to go.

LOL, I must be a heavier sleeper than you then. :p Mine never made *too* much noise, well, unless you count the nights where they insisted on jumping at the lid and making a loud thumping noise. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back