early tank

ouchia

Reaction score
just waiting for the java ferns in the back to grow a bit and thinking of adding some thin low grass...

Attachments

• tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 46
thanks, guys... (and/or gals).... can anyone recommend a thin short grass that can carpet and survive in low light areas? i'm thinking echinodorus acicularis, does anyone have experience with that or wanna recommend something else? thanks...

Not sure how well it'll do in your tank but perhaps "Eleocharis acicularis" or "Hydrocotyle verticillata". Both are low level spreading plants. Awesome tank btw. Care to share any specs on your setup? CO2 lighting substrate etc? THanks

thanks for the nice words... as for the setup, i have a coralife 65w, a mix of eco-complete and onyx substrate, with a biowheel filter and an electrolytic co2 unit.... thanks for the grasses tip, i was thinking about the echinodoris, but isn't that a high light plant? i wonder if that will survive in even a slightly shaded area...

65 Watts for how many gallons though? I think the echinodoris will be fine with 3 watts/gallon, mine is at least..

thanks all... it's a 20 gallon, konrad... what i'm worried about are the places where the java moss hangs over the substrate or shaded areas near the wood... can you post an image of your tank and acicularis? i'd like to see what that looks like in the lit and shaded areas of your 3w/g tank...

Thats the best looking tank i have seen in ages, Amazing
Its the black and the green of the plants that makes it.

wow, 65 watts for 20 gallon is outstanding. Right now my acicularis is just bunched, since I only got it about a week ago. But I'm already noticing growth. I'm not sure how it would do in shade though. You could try getting one and see if it will even grow in your water conditions. I'll try to get a picture though.

Most reactions

Back