Dying fish!!!

rrey82

Reaction score
Well I have two tanks one 30 gallon and one 20 gallon. I have all my adult fish in the 30 gallon tank and all my fry in the 20 gallon tank. About three days ago one of my adult female balloon mollies started to swim funny like it lost control and started swimming in odd ways....she later died. I have had problems with other fish and I don't know what the problem is. I do regular water changes and I clean the gravel about once a month...including the filters. Also in my 20 gallon tank I have many of my fry dying and I don't know why. I know it is natural for some to die but they have been healthy and all of a sudden I see about six die per day. I have about 200 fry in this tank and I feed them sufficient amount of food but not enougth for me to kill them. I know kindness kills when taking care of fish. I have treated my water with some "Complete Remedy" but guess nothing I buy in the stores works not even the treatment to get my nitrates up. Anyone have any advice of anything that might work to save my other fish. :dunno:

Good news I caught 14 new platy and green sailfin mollie fry today that were born this afternoon!!!

Need alot more info on your situation first;

a. how many fish do you have and what types in your adult fish tank?
b. how many fry do you have left in your 20gal and their sizes roughly and what types?
c. do you have any recent test results for ammonia, nitrates and nitrites?
d. do you use dechlorinator and do you wash out your filter in tap water at all- how often do you do water changes/how much do you take out and how do you go about cleanin your gravel?
e. how many fish have died in the last month and what were their symptoms?
f. what are all the meds and other chemicals you have added to that tank in the last month?

Most reactions

Back