Dwarf Puffers

SilverDollar_03

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anyone have dwarf puffers they have tried feeding hikari freeze dried foods. because i know they have the most nutrients for freeze dried foods, and i was wondering if the dwarf puffers would eat them? anyone had experience?

IME I've never seen a puffer eat freeze-dried food. Yes, they are nutritious but puffers find it no more interesting than bog-standard flake.

I'd try some frozen foods instead - bloodworm has always been a favourite amongst my dwarfs. And live foods are always appreciated if you can get them.

My figure 8 eats Hikari blood worms frezze dried and eats them everything night but i also put snails and shrimp in there for him too. I think it will just depend on the puffer

My dwarf puffers also ate freeze dried bloodworms from day one. But they tend to swallow air when they rush to the surface to eat before others eat all. So it's best to soak the food first to make it sink faster. I also fed them frozen bloodworms and snails.

My dwarf puffers have been fed frozen bloodworm and the odd snail since I got them, and they loved them at first. Now they seem disiniterested, and it worries me. What kind of variety should I add to the diet to (hopefully) rebuild their appetites?

you could always try it, but MOST puffers won't eat floating foods, thats why frozen foods or live food work best.

Most reactions

Back