Dwarf Puffers

I went to my LFS today and they gave me a handful of little pest snails to feed to my puffers. If I were wanting to breed these snails to have an ample supply on hand what would I need to do? Just throw a few into a spare tank? Would they need a heater/filter/airstone? Anything? What would I feed them? Just vegetable matter or sinking wafers of some sort? Would it be fine to just put them in the same tank that my betta is in or would they be a bother to him?

Questions questions, lots of questions :hyper: .

:fish:

air stone should do it and throw some lettuce in, give it 2 weeks you will have a few...lol

personally an airstone isnt nessary, i use a small 1 gallon jar and leave them to it, feed algea wafers, lettuce or cucumber every few days and bingo, over run with snails.
water change every week, snails are never ending for me,

I left all the pest snails in a small container with a lid on it (with holes poked in it for air) sitting on my counter until I could find a larger container to keep them in. When I got home from work yesterday all (except for a few) of the snails were dead. What happened? Any ideas? I went ahead and kind of rinsed off (in decholorinated water) the few snails that were alive and put them in the tank with my puffers. I guess I'll have to see if I can get some more. As I'm sure they probably won't have time to multipy being in a tank with my puffers. Anything else I should try? I know the snails had been fed in the store.

:fish:

nto sure what happened.
snails still need to be fed, water changed and looked after.
i keep mine in a 1 gallon, with lots of plant cuttings (what i would usally bin) and feed algea wafers ever 2 days, removing the leftovers. and ive them 50% water change every week. seems a lot, but i want my puffer to have the best.

Most reactions

Back