Dwarf Puffers

if its heated and filtered, then 1 would do. with 2 aggression might occur. plenty of plants and rock.maybe a few shrimps?

Mine is heavily planted with three dps, they will ocasionaly do short lunges at each other but no harm is done, perhaps not something i would advise though as many people have not had such outcomes.

Take a look at the pinned topic at the top of the forum :)

i use to have one and i brought king british fryed bloodworms and the puffer accepted it 4 a week and then did'nt. if u get them u will have to get live food. :)

such as shrimp, flies and bloodworms there favourite

Individual DPs have their own little characters. If you are lucky, you may be able to put 2 in there but do make sure you have lots of plants or hideouts for them. I feed mine mainly on frozen bloodworms. They've never shown interest in any dried food so I gave up trying. Also, don't put any fast moving fish in with it/them. They get stressed out.

Personally i wouldnt keep two because it is likely that one will be constantly picked on

i use to have one and i brought king british fryed bloodworms and the puffer accepted it 4 a week and then did'nt. if u get them u will have to get live food. :)

such as shrimp, flies and bloodworms there favourite

Ok Thanks for that

Personally i wouldnt keep two because it is likely that one will be constantly picked on

Thats what i was worried about, but lots seems to be ok with 2......

However many puffers you opt for, make sure the tank is full of decor, plant/rocks etc so that the puffer/s have a mentaly stimulating tank and you will find that they do better and will be less aggressive.

Good luck!

My friend ( mlawson ) keeps 1 puffer in a 28 litre aquarium... The tank is planted with vallis and rocks serve as decor...

Cheers...

That's me. :D

I originally had two, but one bullied the other to (almost) death. As long as you provide lots of hiding places, a diet of frozen foods, live foods and snails, good water conditions then it should be fine. Cycle your tank for 3-4 months as they are very sensitive to water quality. They are very social creatures and will come to the glass when you come near.

Cheers,
Mike

My friend ( mlawson ) keeps 1 puffer in a 28 litre aquarium... The tank is planted with vallis and rocks serve as decor...

Cheers...

That's me. :D

I originally had two, but one bullied the other to (almost) death. As long as you provide lots of hiding places, a diet of frozen foods, live foods and snails, good water conditions then it should be fine. Cycle your tank for 3-4 months as they are very sensitive to water quality. They are very social creatures and will come to the glass when you come near.

Cheers,
Mike

Cycling the tank for 3 to 4 months is a bit much, just ensuring the nitrite and ammonia are nil should be more than sufficient.

Most reactions

Back