Dwarf Puffers

peacock_101

Reaction score
Lately i've learned that platies are a really boring fish to keep so i'm thinking about dwarf puffers.

I need all the info i can get and also...how many dwarf puffers can i keep in a 5gal.????????

A random question but Can I keep a betta in a 2.5 gal.??

Thanks

Lately i've learned that platies are a really boring fish to keep so i'm thinking about dwarf puffers.

I need all the info i can get and also...how many dwarf puffers can i keep in a 5gal.????????

Thanks

I think a DP needs a 10g but i am probably wrong. A betta can go in a 2.5g yes.

ok i know it's not 10gal. i've been looking on google and yahoo and i keep getting 2-3 gal.

Do you think i can keep two in a 5gal.??

Thanks

OK thanks for the help guys!! Now can any one give me tips or facts about them. water type chemistry...

I need all the help i can get!!

Thanks

Feed them lot's of bloodworms, snails etc.

Water chemistry is not to important, but ammonia, nitrite should be at 0 the same as all fish.

Only one puffer in a 5g.

They like lot's of plants etc. in the tank to stop them becoming bored and just swimming up and down the front of the tank glass.

:good:

Thanks

IME DPs are reasonably hardy. 2 will be the max in a 5 UK gal provided you have plenty of hiding places. Feed them live/frozen bloodworms (as staple) and snails (as treats).

More info on dwarfpuffers dot com (unable to post link for some reason :sad:) and read their forum posts too :)

personally from my experiance with bettas i think its a bit mean to put them in 2.5 gallon tanks cos there so small just cos they survive in that doesnt mean that its nice for them. My betta Sushi :D prefers to be in larger tanks plus it lets you appriciate the finage and colour more. Trust me on this one lol

:wub: abirose

Believe that sand is preferable to gravel as DP's are scaleless, plenty of plants/caves/hiding spots, good/frequent water quality/changes as they are pretty messy eaters, Otos can make good tank mates - other than that, as above see dwarfpuffers .com (won't let me post links either, lol), great site on DP's.

Most reactions

Back