Dwarf Puffers Vs Current

Echinoderm

Reaction score
My filter produces some current along with the bubbler. Sometimes I watch my new DPs cruise through it, but i don't know if this is bad for their state of being. They don't seem to be stressed, but I know that some fish need low current.

Thanks

hmm do you know i have these and never actually thought about that, mine loving wizzing through the current at the back of the tank,one thing i would wonder,these guys are not good to exspose to air they get it trapped in the stomachs,wonder can you turn bubbles off?but as to wizzing in the flow it seems fine, mine have always done it and there doing great so not worried there

My baby DPs grow up in a fair bit of current and I don't see any negative effect, although they live in slow flowing rivers in the wild. As long as there are some quieter places in the tank for them to rest and nose around they will be fine :good:

i think they seem smart enough to remember things like that. i think if they dont like it they'll just avoid it. when mine was younger he used to spend quite some time just riding the current
i guess it might depend on how much of the tank is in the current...

Most reactions

Back