Dwarf Puffer Growth

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So about 5 weeks ago, I purchased 4 dwarf puffers from my lfs. They were placed in a 5 gallon tank (aware they need a much larger tank) for the time being as it was just before christmas and a tank is what I had asked for. They are all healthy, eating frozen blood worms mainly, and occasionally a few snails and some live brine shrimp. I acquired a larger tank (60L) and they have lived in this for two days. Yesterday, after feeding them I noticed one of them would hang back and he was being nipped by the others which is normal as they are aggressive fish and I would expect it from them. However I noticed on the chin of the fish was a strange circle, it had a black outline, was very small but has a white growth coming from it that could be fungi, I’m also certain it’s not Ich as it is one spot and does not cover a large area of the fish. I read somewhere it could be from damaging their slime layer when using a net, so this could have caused it but i’m curious if anyone could suggest another reason this strange growth has suddenly became noticeable on my fish, and a way I could treat it. Thanks hope to keep my puffer healthy and happy

Parasite like flukes maybe?
Post a photo and someone might be able to tell what it is.

Attachments

• 98844192-6B12-4CD2-9A5E-BABD388C04D9.jpeg
    98844192-6B12-4CD2-9A5E-BABD388C04D9.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 96

Most reactions

Back