Dwarf Gourami

ALW

What works for one may not work for another!
Reaction score
Would it be fine to have a single dwarf gourami in a tank, or would i need to have a pair

they are fine by themselves usually, what size is the tank and what are the other planned inhabitants?

70L, 60cm L, 30cm W, 40cm H.

Current Inhabitants are 1 redtail shark, 2 swordtails 5 neon tetras, 5 silvertip tetras

Planned are, 1 Pleco (not decided either King Tiger, Candy Strip, Clown or another Bristlenose) and maybe 1 Dwarf Gourami. So i would be ok to have just the one gourami

yeah i think so.

i think the RTBS may outgrow your tank eventually though so i would re-home him.

tank will be full with a DG and a small plec on top of your existing stocking though so no more.

do some reading on DG's though, they are quite weak fish so you need to be careful when choosing them

Thanks. were is the best place to buy Dwarf Gouramis is Leeds

and would a honey gourami be fine on his own

true honey gouramis are far better than any dwarf gourami i keep one on itsown it does far better this way they are a gorgeous fish and interesting too watch dont grow big and are much hardier and not prone to disease like dwarfs!! :good:

settled, Honey Gourami it is

My LFS didnt have any Honeys when i went, ended up coming home with a Dwarf :blush:

true honey gouramis are far better than any dwarf gourami i keep one on itsown it does far better this way they are a gorgeous fish and interesting too watch dont grow big and are much hardier and not prone to disease like dwarfs!! :good:
what do you mean by 'true honey gouramis'? i thought honey gouramis were dwarfs and thus prone to disease too?

what do you mean by 'true honey gouramis'? i thought honey gouramis were dwarfs and thus prone to disease too?

I believe theres some confusion there. Honey's (Trichogaster chuna) aren't dwarves (Colisa lalia) but there are some varieties of dwarf (labelled various things) which look like Honey's. Honey's aren't the most hardy fish in the world, but tend to survive better than dwarves.

Or so I'm told.

Most reactions

Back