Dwarf Gourami With No Pelvic Fins

Bexx

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wondered if you could offer me some advice please?

Two days ago I bought a male and female dwarf gourami. My lfs is usually quite good and I said i just wanted a pair of them. Didnt check them as I should have. When I got home my boyfriend noticed the male didnt have any pevic fins. At first I thought oh well it must be a variation in type etc,, being naive to gouramis. Well when I looked at him today all he has is little stumps! He is a gorgeous chappy. But what I want to know is this something I should complain to my lfs about. Am I right in thinking they may grow back, there is less than 1/2cm of feelers left.

PS. I have had two red honey gouramis for a while and I like watching them feel their way around.

Bex. x

The feelers don't affect the swimming capacity of the fish, so don't worry about it. There is no way you can complain to your lfs about this, as you should have noticed this before buying them. Now they might say it is an agression problem between the 2 gouramis.

i had a pearl gourami that only had one pelvic fin when i bought it and it grew back fine so i would think thwy will grow back ok, unless it is a birth defect :)

Most reactions

Back