Dwarf Gourami Questions.

guppy2198

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have recently read you can keep 3 dwarf gouramis in a 10 gallon tank. Is this true? As I would be interested in buying some. I wondered how many dwarf gouramis if any I could keep in a 35l biube pure ( cylinder shaped) with 3 or 6 fancy male guppies. I would happily keep one or two and would be willing to sacrifice the purchase of more then 3 fancy male guppies or as a last resort two guppies. Advice would be again appreciated. Cheers.

:hi: sound a bit to much stocking wise but someone will be along soon to answer for deff B-)

I agree, havin 3 dwarf gouramis in there would be a squeeze, as i said ive got a biube and even 6 tetra, 2 platy, and 2 shrimp are qiute squeezed in, i wouldnt suggest tryin 3, especially in one go..... but its your choice :unsure:

cant believe how helpful ppl are on forum though,already learnt lots :lol:

i guess havin two in there would be ok so long as tank has cycled for a while

Thanks for the advice. Would two be all right with 3 or 6 fancy male guppies.

well.... it says in intrustion manual that for the biube 20cm of fish can be kept but i dont think that is a good rule, howevever i think that u may be able to get away 2 gouramis and the guppies if u introduce them slowly and make sure to test for ammonia build up

but i would say that if u see fish lookin distressed u MUST return to shop

Do Dwarf Gouramis need to be kept in pairs? If not I would be happy with just the one and 3 or 6 (what do you think) guppies. Thanks for the advice.

I have just read honey gouramis are smaller. Might be the best for me. Please still comment on what you think. P.S Does a planted aquarium mean real plants fake plants or both? As all gouramis need them to be happy.

I have just read honey gouramis are smaller. Might be the best for me. Please still comment on what you think. P.S Does a planted aquarium mean real plants fake plants or both? As all gouramis need them to be happy.
Honey Gouramis are smaller, more peaceful and probably are a better choice. You could comfortably fit a trio of them (1M 2F) into your tank :good:

real plants :good:

they dont need them to be happy tbh :p but ur aquarium will benefit from them and they look sooo good ;)

they dont need them to be happy tbh :p but ur aquarium will benefit from them and they look sooo good ;)

True, if you can get floating plants or weeds the float then your gouramis will benefit from that. They like a bit of protection or cover for when they're sitting at the surface.

Most reactions

Back