Dwarf Gourami On Bottom..

Californialivin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a dwarf gourami that has been in my tank for about 6 days. Tanks water is good and everyone else seems fine one gourami is sitting on the bottom under the wood. The other has slight marks on the fins but looks to be fine the fins are still intact just has splotches on them alittle bit. The males body is perfect and he's still acting alright. The two females will be refunded if they pass. Should i remove the one that looks weak all i can do is put it in a 5gal bucket with an airstone and regulate the temp i don't have a second tank for it right now. It comes out of the little dug out under the wood occasionally but spends about 50% of the day in there. one of my males and one female look fine though. Would jungle antibacteria or anti parasitic medicated food save them? or is a dwarf gourami on the bottom signs of DGD

Is the hiding gourami pale? Also, Don't put your fish in a bucket! That will stress the fish out which will make it worse.
Also, could you post a pic of the splotches on the fins? 

Buckets are sometimes all we have if we don't have another tank to isolate them in. Cal make sure you are doing water changes on that bucket each day, preferably more, and you can put a towel over it to make it dark which should reduce stress. Sorry I have no idea what could be wrong, maybe some pics would help?

The only fish I'm worried about are the Gouramis all the tank mates seem fine. Not sure if my gouramis are stressed due to their new surroundings or if they are sick. They all have interest in food, but aren't extremely active maybe i need to add some floating plants. I heard that can ease gouramis stress. They seem to stick to the mid level range because thats were all my plants are. I just hope if they're sick its not something that can be passed to my rasboras, corys, or rainbow shark. If the gouramis passed I can deal I know their not the most hardy fish due to parasites and dwarf gourami desease. I hope I can find some anti bateria and anti parasitic food that is cheap enough to give a try.

It's best not to throw meds at the fish unless you know what is wrong with them. Floating plants would be a great addition :) Again, sorry I can't be of much help..hopefully someone will come along soon.

First pic is the male gourami seems to be pretty good shape. Most active of all three and definately has a appetite, second pic is the one i fear is closest to death. sitting at the bottom right now though has periods of good activity. Third pic is the other girl who doesn't sit on the bottom but has weird fin marks. both girls seem alittle bloated too. I've read alot of time if one goes they're all going to go eventually cause the parasite will spread into the other gouramis?

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 46

Most reactions

Back