Dwarf Cichlids For New Community Tank

Threadfins and Dwarf neons would be suitable, you could have around six in your tank. :)

Threadfins and Dwarf neons would be suitable, you could have around six in your tank. :)

would this work then

2 bolivan rams
6 dwark neons rainbows
12 cardinals (would like more but dunno how many icould have)
1 BN
Snails? dont know much about them

Looks great! :good:

Also about the snails, these often come in on live plants and can multiply very quickly. The most common ones are Apple snails.

Looks great! :good:

Also about the snails, these often come in on live plants and can multiply very quickly. The most common ones are Apple snails.

so that looks ok? could i increase the amount of cardinals to say 15 or 18?

apple snails are bigger yea? i currentl;y have loads of tiny snails...they are a bit of a pest....

Actually the snails you have are most likely Apple snails. I think you could increase the shoal of tetras to around 15 fish, but I think 18 would be pushing it.

Actually the snails you have are most likely Apple snails. I think you could increase the shoal of tetras to around 15 fish, but I think 18 would be pushing it.

yea 15 would look good,

then the 6 dwarf rainbow fish will be nice to look at as well as the rams?

although im tempted to just scrap the rainbows and get loadsa cardinals and the rams.....arghhhhh decsions desicions! :shout:

Rainbowfish are very nice to look at and Rams make excellent additions to finish off the stocking, for the cardinals the larger the shoal the more natural it will look. :)

Rainbowfish are very nice to look at and Rams make excellent additions to finish off the stocking, for the cardinals the larger the shoal the more natural it will look. :)

yea worried about algae...would one BN be ok as Clean up? or would a few corys be good?

Corydoras won't eat algae unfortunately, how about a few shrimps?

They'll be fine with the other fish and they are quite easy to look after, they obtain most of their food in the form of algae and they will also eat remnants of fish food.

They'll be fine with the other fish and they are quite easy to look after, they obtain most of their food in the form of algae and they will also eat remnants of fish food.

got 2 bolivian rams...settled in very well....very happy with the choice, hopefully they will colour up the longer they are settled in.

also went with harliquins and not cardinals.....they too look very good

Most reactions

Back