Dwarf Chiclids

TATTIESCONE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks
I am in need of a change in one of my tanks, i have 1 aqua one ar980 tank and 2 aqua start 500!s. All 3 tanks have malawi chiclids in them. I have put the yellow labs and the afra jalo reefs into the big tank .so i now have an empty 65l tank which i was kind of thinking to put in some blue rams and i was wondering what you guys thought would go well with them. the substrate is white silica sand with ocean rocks but this could be altered if need be.
My other thought was to try starting on the marine side of things but not sure if this would be a good size tank to start with and what equipment would be needed as these type of tanks do not seem suited for hanging protein skimmers etc.
Any input would be most welcome. Thanks :rolleyes:

Can anybody help me to change my name from capital letters to the norm, im not very good with pcs. I believe with my name being all capital letters that this is kind of classed as shouting and probably puts people off replying to any of my topics

I think your 65l would be better with a trio/pair of Apistogrammas to be honest. Blue rams get just a tad big for a 65l in my opinion. Tank mates could be cories and a school of something, neons, rasboras etc

I don't think it's your user name :)

Larger tetras, corydoras and hatchetfish make good tankmates for rams. The sand is fine, but I'd get rid of the ocean rock and replace it with smooth rocks or bogwood.

I don't do marine; you'd be better off starting a topic and asking the salties in the marine sub-forum :good:

German blue rams should not be kept in aquariums smaller than 75 L (20 gallons). If youre going to put them in a 65L i would use lots of cover and only them in the tank
Also tank temp needs to be 28c+ which rules out alot of tank mates

Most reactions

Back