Dumb Or Dumber?

Blubble37

Ohai dere c:
Reaction score
Since my injured goldfish started recovering (see here http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/361266-help-please-badly-injured-goldfish/page__p__3010586__fromsearch__1#entry3010586), one of my young goldfish (still black) has gone insanely happy and it all culminated with him triumphantly sticking his fins up, blasting out of the water and knocking himself stupid on the light. I set up a quarantine tank straight away and transferred him to it the temperature is now 25c after using a tank heater to warm the water up. Is there anything else I can do for him? Just to let you know, he is lying at the bottom of the tank (upright), breathing very slowly and hasn't moved since i put him there.

Sorry about your fish, goldfish are not known for their intelligence. Sounds like he has a concussion.

Update: He is now swimming around still a little dazed as to where the heck he is (my cabinet) and eating food slowly. He has a big white mark on the top of his head possibly a burn from the light or a briuse from hitting it at about 10 mph. Any ideas as to what this 'white spot' might be. Dimensions are circular, diameter .75cm across. colour, milky white.

another update: erm, he just died.

ok, not dead anymore. i just revived him by dragging him backwards. Seems he passed out. Will watch him with a lot of scrutiny now.

another update: erm, he just died.

ok, not dead anymore. i just revived him by dragging him backwards. Seems he passed out. Will watch him with a lot of scrutiny now.
did you nearly kill your goldie too?
with freeze dried food?

are you the guy?

Looked at him again just now and he is much better and his bruise/burn lump nis fading. have transferred him back to main tank! :good: :yay:

Most reactions

Back