Drinking Water

Yeah the girraffe is a great cat mate eats like a hoover though lol. When I get my polyfilter I dont get all the box etc but that box cant be £6.

were do you get it without the boxes i asked before and they said they cant sell it like that i maybe able to get it cheaper from your place i buy 50 sheets in one go

just go to a fabric store to buy it.
Its the same stuff at the fish store they just mark it up by about 200 percent.
It comes in squares usually and you just cut it with a knife and throw it in there. I use it one of my larger tanks aswell.

Tank looks amazing as always T1K!

Drew

It comes in squares usually and you just cut it with a knife and throw it in there. I use it one of my larger tanks aswell.

Drew

Its not polywool its polyfilter.

Drew

Its not polywool its polyfilter.
Oops.
Nonetheless, it can be bought at a craft store, I have both the wool and polyfilter.

Drew

Yeah I know this is an old thread but its easier and tidier to revive an old one than start a new. This product sounds interesting and the claims are bold but has anyone got any real evidence to back the claims up?

• Poly-Filter removes nitrogenous compounds such as ammonia, nitrite, nitrate; medication such as copper, antibiotics; plus other pollutants such as phosphates, proteins, toxic metals, phenols and insecticides.
The PolyFilter is a unique invention for chemically filtering and purifying both fresh and salt water aquaria.

PolyFilter is a formation of a special patented material bounded to a synthetic matrix, which absorb and adsorb contaminants and other toxic materials which are found in nature or which are added to fresh and salt water.

Full installation and operating instructions included.

Works in Power Filters, Undergravel Filters and Canister Type Filters.

Will NOT soften water or remove trace minerals.

Seems very unlikely that it can do all that without removing trace minerals. Synthetic matrix ... t-shirts are made from a synthetic matrix, lol.

Most of the things it removes are 'invisible' so how the heck can you see a difference ... anything that it removes that you could previously see wouldn't it also be removed by any similar mechanical filtration + activated carbon?

Its not magic after all so its got to be some sort of ionic exchange and/or catalyst and if not what is it??

if you are not convinced dont buy it

but it works for me maybe not for you im not a sales man for polyfilter but i think this stuff is great

Well after reading the manufacturers website I'm a little more convinced that it works to remove metals but I still find some of the other claims to be dubious ... and not all of the claims are addressed by their EPA style tests ... though it does seem that the company have been doing this since the 70's so they're obviously doing something right.

I would try it but I'm a bit of a tightwad and the cheapest I can find it is £8.00 which I'd really begrudge giving to anyone for something that 'may' not work any better than what I have at present.

Most reactions

Back