Driftwood

Aquaman187

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive got down a big maple tree in my backyard and i see some cool branches and stuff and i want to knowic i could use any of that wood in my tank and ifso how?

Ive got down a big maple tree in my backyard and i see some cool branches and stuff and i want to knowic i could use any of that wood in my tank and ifso how?

Maple is a hardwood and good for driftwood if it's soaked. How dead is the tree it came from? I found old pieces in my yard of oaks, etc. and I'm soaking them in my garage until the water is clear.

Some of the best looking stuff comes from old dead roots that soaked naturally in a creek or lake.

as what Ruskull said.
though remember not all Maple is hard!!!!!!!!!!

It's a tree we cut down today so it's fresh
At that point it would be best to just find a different piece of wood as this undried would will leak alot of things into the tank that you dont want. If you really enjoy it i would recomend to just let it sit out and dry for a year.

Most reactions

Back