Downright Cruel :-(

I'm curious as to what he posted earlier. As the listing has been removed i'm looking at this through a somewhat limited point of view, did he earlier post something about keeping marine fish? (just to confirm i'm looking at the right person here) Is it the person who has just posted how 'people who have no clue should not say anything'?  (i translated that into actual English)

Thank god he isn't a member of this forum is all I can say!

That really is awful, how can he possibly think it's acceptable?

If he was willing to listen to people and accept he's made a big mistake than fair enough but to think it's okay, it's just ignorance. 

I seriously can't be doing with know-it-alls such as him :/

Yeah that's the one, basically told me I had no clue when I told him it was cruel, told me he is perfectly happy in that tank, called the women who had commented 'crazy ladies' lol
Basically didn't think there was anything wrong with the tank and we were all crazy and don't have a clue about keeping fish

Shelster said:
It will be on eBay next!

Ugh, don't.  I remember there was one on Ebay around Christmas time - stocking was something like an oscar, a bala and a common pleco in a 15gal.  Sad.

Maedhros said:
It will be on eBay next!

Ugh, don't.  I remember there was one on Ebay around Christmas time - stocking was something like an oscar, a bala and a common pleco in a 15gal.  Sad.
Didn't it have an angel as well?

Possibly.  The Oscar is the one I remember :( like the RD in this thread, it looked so unhappy in that tiny space.

-cringe- I hates people. I found some one keeping 2 Rosy Barbs (that she called Angelfish) and 3 zebra danio in a 2 gallon hexagon. While that's no where near as bad, the fish were certainly happy to have more that 5" of swimming room.

Mrsdubs said:
Yeah and started a new thread saying people shouldn't comment when they don't have a clue, is this guy serious? He goes onto say he's reporting people who commented to Facebook for abuse haha

I would comment and take the reporting. It would be worth it. It's sad to see people doing things like that.

JellOh said:
I found some one keeping 2 Rosy Barbs (that she called Angelfish) 
Surely that's one of the worst IDs ever... would be interesting to hear if anyone else has seen/heard worse though!

I hate to say it but that fish doesn't actually look unhealthy, if anything, I would say it honestly doesn't look like the fish has been in that awful tank an overly long time. My money would be on the person buying the fish from a shop that asks few questions and when it ate all his fish, he decided to put the lot up for sale, on the defensive as he made a mistake.

Anyone want to suggest that the tank will sell better without the fish and suggest he finds a LFS willing to take on the fish?

Joshwainwright said:
I found some one keeping 2 Rosy Barbs (that she called Angelfish) 
Surely that's one of the worst IDs ever... would be interesting to hear if anyone else has seen/heard worse though!
LFS had female bettas for sale as guppies once :(

I'd dread to think what would happen to the fish though if no lfs could take it :-/

i got too agree with Mbou on this one.I think we sometimes get too hung up on seeing when fish are not being kept in the proper conditions,and yes it may be cruel and we can only advise people of the proper way to keep fish.As i have said it all comes down to supply and demand,lfs sell fish for profit.

Most reactions

Back