Double Dosed Prime to fix stoopid

jimwg

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 50 gallon container I keep my pretreated/heated water in which I dose with Prime. I last refilled the container a few days ago and when I went to do a water change today I couldn't for the life of me remember if I put Prime in the water. Seachem and other sources says it's "completely safe" to double dose Prime's prescribed 5mL for 50 gallons so I went ahead and gave my 50 gallons another dose. Better safe than sorry, thanks Alzheimers.

So did something happen to your fish...?

No I didn't do the water change until I added the dose of Prime to my new water containment. So all is well with the world.
Ok good. I thought something happened to your fish.

Most de chlorinators are safe for “double dosing”.

I have a 50 gallon container I keep my pretreated/heated water in which I dose with Prime. I last refilled the container a few days ago and when I went to do a water change today I couldn't for the life of me remember if I put Prime in the water. Seachem and other sources says it's "completely safe" to double dose Prime's prescribed 5mL for 50 gallons so I went ahead and gave my 50 gallons another dose. Better safe than sorry, thanks Alzheimers.
Don't worry I always do that, I get water in a bucket, put dechlorinator, get distracted and 2 minutes later I put another dose of dechlorinator just to be sure I didn't forgot.

Don't worry I always do that, I get water in a bucket, put dechlorinator, get distracted and 2 minutes later I put another dose of dechlorinator just to be sure I didn't forgot.
Same here. :lol:

Two doses is better than if you forgot to put in any dechlorinator...I did that once but saw no ill effects. I did add the dechlorinator about an hour later.

Most reactions

Back