Dosing Seachem Flourish?

ATK!!!

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I recently bought some Seachem Flourish (not excel) for my 35l tank. I've heard a very mixed bag about how much to add per week, sadly i don't have huge amounts of time on my hands so won't be able to perform water changes anymore than every 3 weeks. I know this isn't ideal but its all i can do for now.

I have a large amount of Cabomba forming a sort if wall at the back of the tank, along with 1 medium sized java fern on a piece of bogwood, and I will be collecting a largish piece of java moss to create a carpet in the next two weeks. The lighting is rather strange as its on a timer which goes for roughly 8 hours a day. Im thinking of replacing this as the power is pretty rubbish unless you put the plants right at the top of the tank.

Any comments appreciated!

Well i've now added 1ml which is slighty more than what it would be if you followed the instructions....

No comments?

Well i've now added 1ml which is slighty more than what it would be if you followed the instructions....

No comments?

Don't quote me, but I've read it's better to split the dose into several smaller ones but more often. However 1ml is very small and hard to split.

I'll be starting on flourish next week, so interested to hear what anyone has to say

I have a very accurate pippette (measures 1/10ths of a ml) so splitting it further would not be a problem if it could help.

I have a very accurate pippette (measures 1/10ths of a ml) so splitting it further would not be a problem if it could help.

I started today, I'm dosing 1ml every other day rather than 4ml a week. If things don't get better, then I'll start upping the dose

I'll try the same thing, splitting the dose into 1/4 ml every other day. I will update my journal soonish to show if theres been any changes.

Fingers crossed!

Most reactions

Back