Don't flush living fish!

Max Action

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I forgot about this picture until today - it's what seemed to be a small goldfish we found swimming around in a large storm / sewer drain beneath St Paul, MN. It was the middle of a freezing Minnesota winter (January 2003), so this guy was staying far upstream from the icy tunnel outfall mouth at the river, in a slow-moving area of wide tunnel.

phalen33.jpg

Tough little bugger ... wish I could know what his story was.

EDIT: for context - here's the stretch of tunnel this fish was in: http://www.actionsquad.org/phalen27.htm

a place like that is like an underground river, Im sure that most fish that survive the flush are still alive in the sewers.

check the bowl before you sit down next time, wouldn't want a goldfish to come up and bite ya on teh bum..... :lol:

it is impossible for a fish to survive a flush in 99.9% of all households in america.
if you have a city sewer system, the water and waste is chemically and organically treated and sanitized well before being dumped into the ocean or recycled. no fish would survive any of that ordeal.
if you have a septic tank, a fish wont survive that either because theres basically no oxygen in a septic tank or drain field.

the only way a fish might survive is if you dumped youre waste directly into a river or lake, which is illegal by the way, so it isnt done.

the fish picture you hae is probably an ex pet of someones who let them go in the water.

My local new station did a story like this, they showed that at the treatment plants, the stuff that comes in is pulverized and pushed through stainers. You would be one lucky fish to survive.

That picture gave me a horrible flashback. It started at the campus carnival. My roommate really wanted to win a goldfish, although I advised against it. I played too and ended up winning two goldfish. So I was cleaning my fish's bowl...and accidentally dropped him down the sink!!! I felt soooo bad! I burst into tears and bawled! I still feel horrible. I like to think he made it and ended up in a river or something. :-(

for some reason this reminds me of that one dexter episode....if you've seen it, you'll probably imediatly know what i'm talkin about.

:-( Poor thing.

I dont think that was really the case...I think that someone just got bored of the goldfish and droped the poor fish in the water. What ever the case may be thats a horrible place for a fish to be.

I hope someone took him and put him in a pond or tank....Most likely that did not happen...Like to think so though. :(

Dexter did an ep like this. The Grimm Adventures Billy & Mandy also did one recently and I think Power Puff Girls did it with a hamster. I watch cartoons.... why is everyone staring at me like that?

Teelie said:
Dexter did an ep like this. The Grimm Adventures Billy & Mandy also did one recently and I think Power Puff Girls did it with a hamster. I watch cartoons.... why is everyone staring at me like that?
i only seen the dexter one :p

Most reactions

Back